Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rookies

I am EXTREMELY excited for the new episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars this Friday. Why? Because the episode has to do with clones. Period. That's it. Well I guess technically them and battle droids. The "main" characters (i.e. Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, etc.) will not be featured and may not appear at all. Not that I don't like them; that's not the case at all. But I'm a trooper man and this new episode, entitled "Rookies", looks promising. Here's some information from the online episode guide:

"The best confidence builder is experience."

Synopsis: Alone on a distant outpost, clone officers Rex and Cody must inspire their rookie unit to believe in themselves to stave off a Droid Commando invasion.

Director: Justin Ridge
Writer: Steve Melching
Key Characters: Clone Captain Rex; Clone Commander Cody
Key Locales: Rishi Moon
Notable: All clone / droid episode.

Niiiiiiiiiiicccceeee. I have been pleasantly surprised by the cartoon thus far. While I enjoyed the movie there were a few things I didn't like. However, the 30-minute show version has been awesome. The stories have been great, the animation is top-notch, and they tie into the universe well. I cannot wait for this new episode!

Other Star Wars Notes: If you missed out on the Target exculsive Commander Fox figure, you can get him online now at Target.com ... Also available now is the Target exclusive Clone Trooper Voice Changer Helmet (Seante Security deco) ... The plain white version is available too ... I can't find the sight that asked the question to Hasbro, but a clone evolutions set is planned for 2009.

No comments: