Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Just a Few More Hours

Today is the day. Ghostbusters: The Video Game has been released. As I type this, versions of the game for Xbox 360, Wii, DS and PC are headed towards my apartment. The Blu-ray is approaching my parent's house. And I'm stuck at work. But fear not! It is only a half day and I shall be bustin' ghosts as soon as one of the games gets in my hands. That moment can not come soon enough.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

UPDATE 1: People seem to be just as excited for the video game as me, at least on the Xbox 360. At Amazon.com the regular 360 version is out of stock until tomorrow!!! (updated below)

UPDATE 2: 16th, 19th, 40th and 93rd. 17th, 19th, 39th and 91st (as of 10 AM EST). Those are the Amazon.com ranks for Ghostbusters: The Video Game based on units sold! Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and PC, respectively.

UPDATE 3: According to Proton Charging, an iPhone Ghostbusters game (not the same as the newly released video game) is out (and has been since the 12th). It took 4 days for that to come to light!?!?!? GETTING IT NOW!!!

UPDATE 4: Downloaded the Ghostbusters iPhone game and, after a few minutes of game play, I am completely underwhelmed. It's extremely simple; just a tap to throw the proton beam at a ghost (in the beginning, the librarian) which you can use to direct her to a trap at the end of a very simple maze. I've played just two sublevels of the first section so this is a very quickly formed opinion. I have some screens from the game below.

Opening screen for the Ghostbusters iPhone game.


Screen capture of the first sublevel in the Ghostbusters iPhone game.


Ghostbusters iPhone game screen after successfully completing a sublevel.

Update 5: Actually, now you can't get Ghostbusters: The Video Game from Amazon.com until Thursday!!!

Update 6: The Ghostbusters Blu-ray is selling well too. It is #4 in general Movies & TV and #1 in Blu-ray!

Update 7: Well I finally got my Ghostbusters: The Video Game Amazon.com Exclusive Slimer Version (Wii). It arrived ~3:30 this afternoon. About 2.5 hours later UPS dropped off my copies for PC, DS and Xbox 360. Got my free shirt from Game Stop too, w00t! Here's some evidence...

I'm so happy.

The loot from the Amazon.com Exclusive Slimer Edition. In the box is the Slimer on No Ghost logo statue (below). In the middle is the Gamer Graffix stickers/skins. On top of that is the electronic Ecto keychain. And on the far right is the Wii version of the game.

Here's the exclusive statute. It's about 10 inches tall when put together. Very sturdy; a great piece.

No comments: