Monday, March 24, 2008

I Like Busts

Like I said in an earlier post, my figure collection has been brought up to speed and I really am no longer seeking many 3 3/4" Kenner/Hasbro figures. Sure there are a few exclusives or multipacks I don't have yet, but I have almost all of the basic carded line trooper figures from POTF2 through TAC. With that are caught up I thought it was best to look into other forms of memorabilia. I found Gentle Giant Ltd. and Sideshow Collectibles. They both produce magnificent busts and statues for many fictional series such as Star Wars and each has produced a veritable jungle of trooper items. After the Master Replicas helmets I turned my attention to Gentle Giant items (a little cheaper than the Sideshow things). Gentle Giant had this great line called "Bust-Ups" which were scaled down versions of their regular busts. These Bust-Ups were designed to be built by you and came with interchangeable parts, usually different arm poses and weapons. I have added some of the trooper Bust-Ups to my collection over the last few months.

Click on image to enlarge.

Bust-Ups are only a few inches in height and they will look great with my newly acquired helmet collection (I won my Utapau Shadow Trooper scaled helmet so I know own all seven .45 scale replicas). The Bust-Ups shown in the picture above I have purchased and there are a few others as well. As soon as I have them together and displayed I will take some pictures and add them to the collection pages.

No comments: