- Family - I will get to some so members of my family for the first time since late December/early January. I left the Reading, PA area on January 2nd for the journey back to Indiana and have not been back since. I saw my parents and sister, as well as my aunt, uncle, and cousin at THON at the end of February but no one else since the Christmas break. I am excited to see my grandparents and the rest of my family this coming weekend.
- Friends - This goes along the same line as family. I have not seen any of them since the Christmas break either. I will most likely see all of them this weekend and we are doing some things that are mentioned below.
- Star Wars - As my main collection page says, I got back into collecting last August at the "Toy Show" during Das Awkscht Fescht in Macungie, PA. I dug out and dusted off my old collection over Thanksgiving and Christmas and have been adding to it over the last few months (which I have mentioned here numerous times). Well I will finally get to put everything together and organize the collection in my room this coming weekend. It will be a long and sometimes tedious process (a lot of photos need to be taken) but well worth it in the end. Expect a lot of updates next Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Star Wars Exchange - I have somewhat become Brent Behrenshausen's distributor of Star Wars items. We joined forces to purchase a set of each of the first three waves of 2008 Thirtieth Anniversary Collection. This guarantees that we will have the figures we want from each wave without having to hunt them down in stores or pay egregious prices on the secondary market. I have seen waves one and two in stores but not wave three (the newest Saga Legends). Since I have a weekly toy run to Target and Wal-Mart (bi-weekly to Toys R Us) I have picked up some other figures for Brent as well. The trading and purchasing will happen Saturday morning. I'm glad to be giving these items to Brent as well as getting some money back. Lord knows I need it ;-)
- NFL Draft - This is my favorite event of the NFL year. Yes, more than the Super Bowl (what can I say, I haven't been around when the Dolphins last played in one). The draft brings hope to all franchises, especially the one at top. That just so happens to be the Dolphins this year. They are drafting first overall for the first time since the 1960's. It could take another 40 years for it to happen again. I am going to bask in the glow since the focus of the NFL world is on Miami. And when they do something shocking and/or surprising I will be even more happy. My dad and I are having friends and family over for a little draft get-together. Corinne (my sister) will be cooking some appetizers and desserts while we order or make some pizza for dinner. I extended the invite to all owners in my fantasy football league (defending champion, holler). The draft starts Saturday at 3pm. It's gonna be crazy!
- Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination - Bryan, Brent, Greg, Corinne, and I will be traveling to Philadelphia on Sunday morning to go to the Franklin Institute. Currently there is a traveling Star Wars exhibit there. It appears to be quite a masterpiece. It is a collection of items from the Lucas archives that contains actual props and replicas from all six movies. This is an expanded version of an exhibit that was on display at the Smithsonian in the late 1990s. I was at the Air & Space Museum either a few days before the exhibit opened or a few days after the exhibit closed. I could see into the area where it was displayed but that was it. I am extremely excited to see it in all of its glory. And now it has the prequel stuff! Plus, the day we are going the 501st Legion is trooping so you know what that means...pictures with troopers!!!
The weekend will be here before long. I should be in Sinking Spring around 11pm Friday. So excited!