Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Random Musings #1

OK so I realize that I have a lot of random stuff I'd like to say but I can't bring myself to write individual posts about them. I will gather them in a collective post and submit them whenever I want to; there will be no schedule. Topics may include but will not be limited to: Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Video Games, Books/Comics, Movies/DVDs, Sports. One additional thing I will start 'the musings' with will be any and all countdowns I may currently have going. Let's begin...

Random Musings #1
  • 11 days until the Rascal Flatts concert
  • 52 days until the reboot of Star Wars collectibles from Hasbro (more on that in a bit)
  • 59 days until Das Awkscht Fescht (TOY SHOW!)
  • 60 days until my fantasy football draft (reigning champ, w00t)
  • 72 days until Star Wars: The Clone Wars is released in theaters
  • The Phillies are good. They are currently 9 games over .500 (34-25) and are in 1st place in the NL East. After 59 games last year they were 30-29 and in 3rd place, 6 games behind the Mets. But we all know how that turned out... The Phillies didn't win their 34th game last year until June 12th.
  • Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is good. It's better than Temple of Doom but not as good as Raiders of the Lost Ark or The Last Crusade. A 77% on Rotten Tomatoes is about right. I'd prefer an 80% but what are ya gonna do?
  • According to Ernie Hudson (Winston Zeddemore), the Ghostbusters: The Video Game script (written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis) is 4 times as big as a normal movie script. Damn.
  • Movies I MUST see in the theaters this summer: Wall-E, Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  • Movies I wouldn't mind paying to see in the theaters this summer: You Don't Mess with the Zohan, The Happening, Get Smart, The Dark Knight, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
  • I started reading the Clone Wars and Clone Wars Adventures comics recently and I like them a lot. It's nice to have them sorted and bound. The Clone Wars period is my favorite part of the Star Wars universe.
  • July 26th will hit my wallet hard. The AT-TE ($100), Millennium Falcon ($150), V-19 Torrent Starfigter ($20) and wave one of both The Legacy Collection and The Clone Wars figures from Hasbro hit stores. Luckily I have been saving up and am prepared to drop ~$300 or so on that date. I don't need any of the figures from the first wave of The Legacy Collection but there are three from the first wave of The Clone Wars line (~$7.99/each) that I'd like to get: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Clone Armor), Captain Rex, and Clone Trooper. I wouldn't mind grabbing the Clone Trooper helmet voice changer either (another $30).
  • I love reading online comics but it's hard to find ones that I like. I found Yak's Pub about 2 months ago and really enjoy it. Heck, it revolves around Star Wars action figures which is awesome. I recently found Real Life. It has been around since November 15, 1999 and I just now found it. I started reading, from the beginning, on Wednesday night and am currently up to date with it as of 2:30pm today. I read over 2,000 comics in under 1 week. I'm kind of depressed I caught up this fast. Reading the comic was the highlight of my work day. What else am I supposed to do when Excel takes 5 minutes to open a damn file? Any suggestions on another web comic, please let me know. I have tried Penny Arcade. It's OK. I do like some of the CTRL+ALT+DEL ones.
  • I want new Ghostbusters toys! Come on! We are getting the original movie on Blu-Ray (hopefully #2 as well). Time Life is doing a box set of The Real Ghostbusters series (including Slimer! And the Real Ghostbusters). Plus the video game is coming out in October. Now we need TOYS! TOYS!! TOYS!!!
  • Today is my late grandfather's birthday. Happy birthday, grandpa! We miss you.

Well that about wraps up 'the musings' for today. TTFN!

No comments: